David C. Dembert
For more than 35 years, Dave Dembert has provided counsel to individuals and multi-generational families, professionals, closely held business owners and fiduciaries regarding their estate planning, estate and trust administration, tax, business and real estate matters. Dave integrates his tax, accounting and financial planning background with his legal education and experience, so as to provide a comprehensive and personal approach to his clients.
In his estate planning practice, Dave works with his clients to identify goals and objectives, educates them on the relevant tax and legal ramifications and prepares all necessary documents to implement the planning. His tax background enables Dave to not only advise individuals and fiduciaries on the tax planning, but also prepare all necessary income, estate and gift tax returns.
Dave’s business experience and knowledge allows him to be an effective advocate for clients engaging in a multitude of business and real estate transactions, including entity formation, drafting and negotiating employment and stockholder/operating agreements, operational agreements, leases and business/real estate acquisitions and sales, together with related financing matters.
Dave has been actively involved in many alumni leadership roles for his alma mater, Bucknell University, and for other charitable and educational organizations. His professional focus has been in two primary areas; namely, the Estate and Trust Law Section Council of the Maryland State Bar Association, of which he is the immediate Past Chair, and the Baltimore Estate Planning Council, of which he is currently serving as President.
Dave and his wife, Julie, a real estate consultant, have two adult sons, Mike and Eric, who are professionals working and residing in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area.
- Estate Planning
- Trusts and Estates
- Business & Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Bucknell University, BSBA (Accounting), 1977
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1980
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Accredited Estate Planner®, National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC)
- President, Board of Directors, Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Immediate Past Chair, Estate and Trust Law Section Council, Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association (Sections on: Estate and Trust Law; Taxation)
- American Bar Association (Sections on: Taxation; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law)
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland (inactive status)
- Contributing Writer to The CPA Journal, 1982, 1983
- American Heart Association, Maryland Affiliate, Inc., 1992-1998; 2003-2005: Co-Chairman, Planned Giving Subcommittee, 1993-1996; Treasurer, 1996-1998, and Member, Board of Directors
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2011-present)